Sunday, September 5, 2010

In the weeds





Classes have begun and I am already deep in the weeds. I have taken a huge gamble on a class that I may not be ready for. We had to take another placement test on the first day of class in Japanese class and I hosed it badly. My Japanese teacher wanted me to drop back further into Intermediate 1. I said “absolutely not”. She said “You have to”. I said “not a chance”. It went on from there. If you really want to make your life more difficult, argue with a Japanese professor. The upshot is, I stayed in my Intermediate 2 class but if I fail I will lose my Visa.
I am not going to fail. I will work myself into the ground to keep up. I am not known as a tooth grinding grade hound for nothing. I have gambled a lot on this and I intend to win (although this would probably be easier if I had not already pissed off the professor.) So everybody keep your fingers crossed for me.
On to more pleasant things. Chiemi san is feeling much better and I am getting more acclimated to my new routine. I got to go to Shinjuku the other day and I am absolutely in love with the place. All the cool shops with the super cute stuff I was looking for seem to be located in Shinjuku. I will not be able to go there very often or Dave will probably call and have my credit cards cancelled. The day that I went, two of my friends from school went with me. Lee (there is a picture of him in this HUGE bookstore that we went to) and Danielle. I wanted a picture of Danielle to post but she refused, I told her I would take a picture of her ass crack while she wasn’t looking and post that, but then I forgot.
Lee is also in my drawing class. Happily, we are at about the same skill level (I also posted a picture of Lee’s sphere from the class where we were working on shapes).
Right now Chiemi san and Sanshiro san have friends that are visiting. Shinobu san and Tamano san, so for the last few days there has been a marathon of food and booze at our apartment (just food for me). I am loving Shinobu san to death, she runs a bar and speaks almost no English but she is just like me (loud, energetic and loves a good time). Tamano san is a scientist and he and Sanshiro san and Shinobu san all grew up together. I have posted a picture above (far left Tamano san, me and Chiemi san standing, Shinobu san and with the stern look on his face Sanshiro san.)
Well boys and girls, I have studying to do, I’ve posted pictures of some of my drawing assignments (check out the awesome hand with a spoon I drew, now if I could just figure out how I did it.)
Hugs,
Liz

4 comments:

  1. Good for you for standing up to the teacher (although usually not a good idea). But you're way smart and you can do it!

    You look like you lost weight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really aren't eating anything over there are you?? You must have lost 2 dress sizes (I mean T-shirt sizes). All you have to do is study - you can do it. Love you! T

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't see your hand-with-spoon drawing. Did you forget to upload it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What? No posts in 5 whole days?! You must be busy with this college/studying thing. Looking forward to more posts and drawings too. Smooches, T

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to express yourself honestly and I am obviously not the language police. I would, however, like everyone to avoid personal attacks and attempt to keep the discourse civil.