Tuesday, August 24, 2010







So I wrote a few days ago about how I got lost in Shibuya station. So I thought I would give you guys a little visual confirmation that yes Shibuya Station is a monster. The first three pictures are different parts of the station, the next two pictures are outside the station and the last picture I took while I was strap hanging on my way home from school.(oops, I reversed them. Work from the bottom up.)

I cannot take any pictures on the way to school because I have been riding the train to school during rush hour and my train is pretty packed. If I lower my hands enough to dig through my purse for my camera, I am afraid I will either end up engaged or arrested. Speaking of engaged or arrested I have an air conditioner in my room now. I know you’re thinking “What the hell is she talking about” but if I had been here when the guy came to install it, I would have kissed him right on the mouth (I’m pretty sure that would have ended badly).

So, topic shift. One of my new friends at school has begun a geometric diet. Yesterday during lunch I asked him what he was eating and he stared intently first at the outside of the pouch in his hand and then into the pouch at the food and his response was “cubes”. Yes, it is difficult to choose food when you can’t read the packages (there was a picture of a mango on the bag, so I’m pretty sure he was safe). Soon, after Marc feels more confident, he intends to round out his diet with spheres (arghh! Bad Liz). He has stated, however, that he will avoid trapezoids (possible dietary restrictions?)

I finally got to actually register for this semester’s classes today. I had to take a step backward in my Japanese class (I am retaking Intermediate 2) since my last Japanese class ended, 8 months ago, I managed to forget transitive and intransitive verbs and humble forms. I also had to go into a basic kanji class because I got lazy and stopped writing kanji out by hand. Lately I have only been writing Japanese on the computer, where you get a nice pull down menu that lets you choose the correct kanji from a list (yes writing Japanese on the computer is like one big multiple choice test.) The big shocker, though, is that I decided to take a beginner’s drawing class. For all of you that have had Biology with me and are now laughing your asses off, don’t be mean. Just because everything I sketched in lab, from cells to angiosperms, ended up looking like amoebas, doesn’t mean I shouldn’t try.

I miss you guys. Drop me a response and let me know that you’re still there.
Hugs,
Liz

8 comments:

  1. Yay, AC is good! I'm enjoying the pictures you're posting. I wish I would have continued studying Japanese.
    私はいつもここよ。<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bhahahahahaha!!!!! Liz you should have taken the drawing class BEFORE bio, not after. But really in your defense, your drawing wasn't too bad. I LOL'd about the geometric diet thing. I have no idea who Marc is but I totally envisioned the whole thing. You are quite the blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The geometric diet is hysterical! Tell him to avoid triangles, they give you diverticulitis. (or if you have a backwoods country great aunt like mine, you can get it from eating mexican food).

    It looks like you are having fun finding your way around. I'm jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi guys,
    Thank you sooooo much for commenting. I am a bit lonely here and I am glad to know that ya'll are still with me. E-mail me some pictures when you get a chance.

    Hugs,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liz, I'm sharing your blog with everyone. The convection oven had Sean rolling and I too love the geometric diet.
    Your sense of humor is the best and you should be paid big bucks for this blog - it is amazing and fun. Your humor will get you through anything. You are an inspiration to those you don't even know. I tell your story to everyone. We're all envious. I love you honey. Work hard, play hard and ENJOY!
    smooches. T

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just remember, Sweetie: purple is a fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. liz, your posts are such a joy to read! thanks for giving me the link ^^
    the art class sounds fun - i'm so focused on getting all my GenEd done, i feel like i'm missing out on the more interesting classes because of it.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to express yourself honestly and I am obviously not the language police. I would, however, like everyone to avoid personal attacks and attempt to keep the discourse civil.