Sunday, August 22, 2010

HOT!

So… I would like to write a post about all of the interesting things I am learning about living in Japan…but I can’t. The reason that I can’t is because it is so fucking hot right now that the only thing my brain is capable of processing is, how fucking hot it is. The air conditioner in the apartment that I am staying in broke down shortly before I arrived. It will be fixed in a few more days but by then I will have turned into a large pot roast.

My room faces the (oh shit, I have no sense of direction) let’s just say whichever direction it faces the sun is directly outside of my window for about 20 hours a day. My room is an oven … with a fan … which makes my room a convection oven. I want to leave and go somewhere with air conditioning but then I would have to take the 20 minute walk to the train station in the direct sunlight and I am pretty sure that I would spontaneously combust as soon as I stepped out of the lobby.
So I am laying here in my undies, sweat gluing me to my futon, trying to drink enough water to stave off the d-words (dehydration, delirium, death and damnation) managing to survive by clinging desperately to the knowledge that in about 3 more hours the sun will set and I will be free to wander out in search of an air conditioned haven, preferably one that serves frozen treats in the shape of cute little animals. One of my favorite things about Japan so far is the staggering number of things that come in the shape of cute little animals.

Soon children I will regale you with stories full of excitement and adventure but for now can anyone give me directions on doing a rain dance (can I do it alone, do I need a tribe, how big of a space needs to be sanctified, etc…)

Sweatily yours,
Liz

1 comment:

  1. you need to send me your skype address little lady so I can talk to you!!!!! sarah.blake30@yahoo.com.

    Love You

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to express yourself honestly and I am obviously not the language police. I would, however, like everyone to avoid personal attacks and attempt to keep the discourse civil.